
When we first got to Nauvoo we did the Community of Christ(RLDS) tour. We were able to go to all of Joseph Smith's home, the Brick house store and the graveyard. We were able to go into his homes but not able to take pictures.

After the RLDS tour, we went on the LDS Wagon ride tour. It was a completely different experience. I hope I don't offend anyone but you could definately feel the spirit!! Seeing what the Pioneers accomplished and all that they went through was just amazing! They were very strong Saints!! The Sun that Josh is standing by is one of the only three Sun stones left from the orginial Nauvoo Temple. The LDS temple has one, the RLDS church has one and they last one is in the Smithsonian Museum.

After the wagon tour, we drove around the town and went to the different shops. Of course we stopped by the brick house to get our free brick. The brother missionary that was there was hilarious!! He was this cute old man who kept telling Josh how lucky he was to have such a beautiful wife...lol it was pretty funny (I should have gotten a picture of him, oh well...lol) Also, we went to Calvin Pendleton School house. I am related to him through a couple of generations, I think he is my great great great Uncle or something like that. Anyways, he was a great man. I learned a lot about him. The City "uv" Joseph sign is an example of how they use to spell words back then, they would just spell it how the words sounded. Then we went up to the Nauvoo temple. It was so gorgeous!! There is a Memorial across from the temple of Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith on their "Last Ride" when they are leaving Nauvoo to go to Carthage Jail and they knew they would never return.

Our last visit was Carthage Jail. I can't even describe how strongly we could feel the spirit. It was an amazing experience. It was such a good day and nice to be able to spend it with my love, Josh. We definately missed Eli though, he missed us too. He was so excited to see us when we got back to Josh's parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment