Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ariella Leigh Merrill

We welcomed our baby girl into the world on September 7, 2010. She was 7lbs and 9oz. and 19 1/2 inches. She looks just like her big brother! They could be twins I love it! So here is her birth story...So last Friday when I went to see my doctor for a check she was out of the office so I saw another doctor and I still hadn't dialated or softened at all, so he recommended a C-section, said a VBAC wouldn't be safe. So I made another appt with my doctor for Tuesday so she could see me and we could schedule the C-section. I went in on Tuesday at 11:00 she came in asked when I ate last and we scheduled it for that afternoon at 4:30. It happened so fast I thought it would be a couple days before we could schedule it. But I was ready and excited to have it done. We got to the hospital at 2:30 that afternoon, were prepped and she was born at 4:51 pm that day. This time went so much better than the first time. Planned C-sections are a lot easier! :) Well she is doing really good. She is a good sleeper and is breastfeeding amazingly!! I am so proud of her! I know its only been 2 days but she is just doing so great! Here are a few pics...and there will definitely be more to come...


Waiting to go into the OR

Daddy is all ready for surgery

Here she is...

Here she is getting weighed

Waiting to see her while still in surgery LOL

She looks just like Elijah in this picture

Her cute feet

Mommy and Ella after its all over with!!

Daddy changing her first poopy diaper

Eli meeting his baby sister for the first time

Giving her kisses

Mommy and Eli...he was missing his mommy!! I love this boy!

3 comments:

  1. yay! congrats Jenni! She is a cutie pie! Eli is going to be a great big brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute!! I am so glad that everthing went well. I am glad the whole process easier.

    ReplyDelete